How to choose a haircut for an oval face? This type is considered the most harmonious and proportional, so special tricks are not required. You can use almost any type of hairstyle. However, when choosing, it will be necessary to take into account the type of hair and, possibly, the characteristic features of the structure of the eyes, lips and nose.
Girls with an oval face shape are often called lucky because they have all the hairstyles and all kinds of makeup
In nature, the ideal oval-shaped face simply does not exist. It may be slightly elongated or, conversely, more rounded.
The ratio of its length to width should be equal to about 1.6
How to determine the shape of the face?
In nature, the ideal oval-shaped face simply does not exist. It may be slightly elongated or, on the contrary, more rounded. However, there is a general rule whereby a person is considered a classic oval. The ratio of its length to width should be equal to about 1.6. The contour of the face should not be too protruding angles. Most often it is combined with an expressive form of the neck.
You can determine your own face type using tailor's measuring tape.
For example, with a width in the eye area equal to 13 cm, the length should be 13 * 1.6 = 20 cm. The error can be one to two centimeters.
Ideally, such a face should be divided into three equal parts: the first part is measured from the hairline to the eyebrows, the second - from the eyebrows to the nose line, and the third - from the lower part of the nose to the chin
This face shape is a true gift of nature.
You can determine your own face type using tailor's measuring tape. For example, with a width in the eye area equal to 13 cm, the length should be 13 * 1.6 = 20 cm. The error can be one to two centimeters. That is, the length of an oval face with a width of 13 cm can be either 18 or 22 cm. Ideally, such a face should be divided into three equal parts: the first part is measured from the hairline to the eyebrows, the second - from the eyebrows to the nose line, and the third - From the bottom of the nose to the chin.
Tip! When choosing a hairstyle for a classic oval face, you can focus on its other features. For example, if you like your own cheekbones, to emphasize them, choose a short haircut that reaches the cheekbone area.
Choosing hair length and hair style
Experienced stylists always focus not only on the type of person, but also on other parameters. Listen to their advice:
- when choosing a haircut, the type of hair is important; so thin hair requires more volume or thinning; Some types of haircuts will look unsuccessful with too thick and elastic hair;
- long straight and not too thick hair will visually make the face too elongated; wearing such a hairstyle is better only for owners of thick curls; for thin soft hair it is better to choose a short or medium length hairstyle;
When choosing a haircut is important to the type of hair; so thin hair requires more volume or thinning
Some types of haircuts will look unsuccessful with too thick and elastic hair.
Long straight and not too thick hair will visually make the face too elongated.
It is better to wear this hairstyle only to owners of thick curls; for thin soft hair, it is better to choose a short or medium length hairstyle
- for naughty pryadok better to choose a haircut for long hair or hair of medium length;
- with a small growth, so that the body looks proportional, you should not do too lush hairstyles;
- using oblique bangs, you can visually balance the proportions and hide the forehead too high; however, if your hair is too curly, be prepared for the fact that the bangs will have to be laid daily;
- thick smooth bangs should be chosen by the owners of elongated faces, but it will turn the classic oval face into a round one, so it is better to lay it on its side or make a parting;
If the nose seems too long for you, never do a smooth hairstyle; mane in this case should be lush
- if the nose seems too long for you, never make a smooth hairstyle; the mane in this case should be lush; when the nose is turned up, the hairstyle with the hair combed up is more suitable; it is not recommended to make bangs and with too small a nose;
- Smooth the lack of close-set eyes with the help of lush hair in the temple; if the eyes are set wide enough, you can slightly raise the hair and partially lower it on the forehead;
- try to visually stretch the neck with a short trimmed triangle haircut; Probably, this option will seem to you the most successful.
Tip! With the help of bangs, you can not only hide the frontal facial wrinkles, but also draw attention to the eyes. However, with oily skin on the forehead, it will be constantly salted, and it will have to be washed daily.
Haircuts for short hair
The short haircut in 2016 on the oval face (photo) is represented by three main types:
- a short bob and all its variations with filing, graduation and asymmetry, with a straight line up to the brow line with bangs and hair cut just below the ears; strands on the back of your head may be slightly shorter than in front or shear at the same level with the rest;
Haircut bob will look great with an oval face
The strands on the back of your head may be slightly shorter than in front or baring themselves flush with the rest.
- Pixie, in English, means fairy or elf; in fact, this hairstyle is a modified "bob" haircut, but it is shorter than the classic bean and necessarily has a graduated shape; such a mischievous ultrashort hairstyle "feathers" will look perfect on a miniature girl of small stature; using it, you can emphasize the shape of the neck and highlight the cheekbones;
This hairstyle is a modified "bob" haircut, but it is shorter than the classic bean and necessarily has a graduated shape.
Such a mischievous ultrashort hairstyle "feathers" will look perfect on a miniature girl of small stature.
- from the French garcon ("garzon") is translated as "boy", "boy"; Unlike a bean, in this boy's haircut, bangs, temples and the back of the head are processed with a thin line so that the hair is almost close to the head, completely repeating its shape.
Unlike the bean, in this boy's haircut, bangs, temples and the back of the head are processed with a thin line so that the hair is almost close to the head, completely repeating its shape
This haircut is best combined with feminine images
Tip! Short haircuts for an oval face (photo) do not require special styling and can be performed on the hair of any structure, except, perhaps, too curly. However, they completely open, expose the face, so do them better only if you are all right with the skin.
Medium length haircuts
In 2016, several types of haircuts for an oval face on medium hair remain relevant (see photo):
- Kare: this well-known haircut with a straight hair line just below the ears or elongated front locks can enhance the beauty of the cheekbones; the four of a kind - ball with tips slightly tucked in;
Kare: this well-known haircut with a straight hair line just below the ears or elongated front locks can enhance the beauty of the cheekbones
Especially chic looks a four-ball with slightly tucked inside the tips
- A classic sesson (sessun) with a thick bang in a semicircle and the rest of the hair cut around the shoulders may have many variations: to be graduated, to have sharp tips at the corners; performed on both straight and curly hair, etc .; This hairstyle does not require special styling and will suit both young girls and sophisticated ladies;
A classic sesson (sessun) with a thick bang in a semicircle and the rest of the hair, cut around the circumference to the shoulders, can have many variations
This hairstyle does not require special styling and will suit both young girls and sophisticated lady
- middle bob: depending on the desired image, the accent zone can be located both on the crown and on the back of the head or in the cheek area; slightly rounded face, you can use the volume in the upper part of the head; to simulate an oval face, use longer side strands; they can be completely smooth or more magnificent.
Medium bob: depending on the desired image, the accent zone can be located both on the crown and on the back of the head or in the cheek area
Slightly round the face with the volume at the top of the head.
Tip! With large facial features do not make cuts too pronounced. To soften the image will help feminine hairstyles with wavy strands.
Straight hair is often shorn cascade. Curly strands are better to make "torn" - so they will look more natural and neat.
Ideas for long hair
Long flowing hair has always been an ornament of a woman. However, even in this case, they should have a neat appearance and should not stick in different directions in tatters. Therefore, on the long curls is also better to make a neat haircut.
It is believed that the choice of hairstyles with such a length is small. However, modern fashion allows you to perform any multi-level and asymmetrical long haircuts for an oval face.
Long hair can always be beautifully laid, especially if they have an unusual haircut.
Long haired beauties can experiment with hairstyles
It is believed that the choice of hairstyles with such a length is small. However, modern fashion allows you to perform any multi-level and asymmetrical long haircuts for an oval face (photo):
- with multi-layer structure;
- thick straight, asymmetric or filleted bangs;
- with asymmetry only on the front strands;
- with short strands on one side and elongated on the other;
- with a sharp transition length from bangs to the rest of the mass of hair;
- straight long curls and short multi-level "cap" of hair in the head;
- with sharp cuts from strands to strands;
- shaved part of the temple or neck;
- asymmetrical ends.
Multilayer structure on long hair can be obtained in two ways:
- using a cascade: a haircut with a transition from short strands at the crown to longer ones in the middle part; "torn" edges (filirovka) can be located both along the entire length, and formed only at the very tips; an experienced master always uses his own techniques, correcting the shape of the face and smoothing its flaws; for example, a graduated cascade starting from the bang is used to underline the cheekbones;
Cascade - haircut with transition from short strands at the crown to longer ones in the middle part
"Ripped" edges (filirovka) can be located both along the entire length, and be formed only at the very tips.
- a hairstyle with a ladder: differs from the cascade in more smooth lines; strands are trimmed with steps (ladders) so that each next one is longer than the previous one.
Haircut ladder differs from the cascade smoother lines
Strands mow down steps (ladders) so that each subsequent was longer than the previous
Tip! If you want to emphasize the shape of the cheekbones or chin, the ideal option would be a graduated cascade, starting from the bangs, with milled edges.
Haircuts for fine hair
According to statistics, every third woman or girl has thin fluffy hair. Unfortunately, it is much more difficult to care for them. They are too confused, they quickly get dirty and are easily damaged. Therefore, the choice of cutting for thin hair for an oval face (photo) should be approached thoughtfully:
- The ideal option for such hair is shoulder-length or short hairstyles; this may be, for example, a cascade with a fringe falling to its side, or a disheveled bob or a-bob with longer forward strands;
The perfect option for thin hair are hairstyles up to the shoulders.
- with a short haircut, you shouldn’t cut off a lot of hair either - it is better to cut it at the earlobe or chin line; With this option, make a lush hairstyle will be much easier;
With a short haircut, you shouldn’t cut off a lot of hair either - it is better to make a cut at the earlobe or chin line
With this option, make a lush hairstyle will be much easier.
- multi-level graduations are most often used to create volume; It is possible to emphasize such a texture with the help of styling: for this, the foam or mousse are ground in the palms and “whipped” into strands;
- You can hide the lack of thickness with asymmetric or torn bangs.
To create the volume most often used multi-level graduations.
It is possible to emphasize such a texture using styling: for this, the foam or mousse are rubbed in the palms and “beaten” into strands.
Tip! Choosing the right hairstyle is half the battle. For fine hair, color plays an important role. Often, coloring in one tone will make the hair "flat". Highlighting the same visually giving volume, can damage the already thin hair. Therefore, it is better to choose a more gentle method of “shatush” or blonding.
Styling for thick and tough hair
Excessive volume, unlike the previous case, can, on the contrary, completely spoil the image. Therefore, to build any complex hairstyles with thick, unyielding hair is not worth it. Yes, and morning laying and drying thick hair will take too much precious time. The best option for this type of hair would be a smooth classic:
- ultrashort haircut with a long bangs oblique; to lay it in the future with the help of modeling wax will be easier;
- medium length haircut with chin length and straight bangs flowing smoothly into the ladder; this method will help remove excess pomp; haircut is better to perform to the bottom of the chin - a similar length will help ease the weight of the strands;
Construct any complex hairstyles with thick unyielding hair is not worth itLengthy shoulder length for thick hair
Medium thick hair is easier to handle, styling in the morning will take less time.
Grooming is a great option
- excessive thickness of long hair can be adjusted using a cascade; it is better to start it with cheekbones or slightly higher; at the same time, the transition should be larger and more expressive - too frequent transitions will add excessive volume.
Tip! If you are tired of bored hair, make a note of freshness in it can be an unusual design bangs or side strands.
Hairstyles with bangs
Haircuts with an oval face with a bang (photo) allow you to properly model the image and even bring it closer to the ideal:
- classic straight bangs look perfect on straight long hair or a bob-like haircut;
- with a parting: gives the face asymmetry and visually lengthens it;
- geometric bangs in the form of an oval, wave, arch, circle with a perfectly even cut or milled; suitable for all types of hairstyles, except for pixie;
- torn: similar to the geometric, but has more uneven edges, most often thinned out; with it, you can significantly soften the transition from bangs to the rest of the hair;
With the help of torn bangs, you can significantly soften the transition from bangs to the rest of the hair
Slant falling: can be smooth, layered, straight or wavy
Oblique bangs to the chin length
Parting bangs: gives the face asymmetry and visually lengthens it
- slanting drop: it can be smooth, layered, straight or wavy; most often its length reaches the chin;
- long bangs with smooth or abrupt transitions; has any, even the most unusual form; cascade with milled edges or a ladder;
- shortened: used mainly in combination with short haircuts; opens the face and gives it lightness and playfulness;
- long or short asymmetric: able to completely change the image and adjust facial features, soften the line of the chin and cheekbones; long asymmetric bangs blend perfectly with many short haircuts, including pixies; tips can be thinned out and have the form of "feathers".
Ripped straight bangs combined with cascading haircut
Oblique bangs on one side can be included in the overall styling composition
Imperceptible transition from long oblique bangs to the rest of the hair
Tip! With curly strands, any short fringe will look sloppy. If you are not ready to straighten it daily with a flat iron, it is better to refuse such a hairstyle.