Human hair from ancient times endowed with a variety of mystical properties. Many nations believed that vital energy was contained in their hair. The Old Testament myth of Samson is widely known, whose secret of extraordinary power lay in long hair.
To date, there are also many myths and misconceptions regarding hair care. Which of them is true and what is not?
1. In order for the hair to become thick, you should occasionally have a short haircut.
Fiction. From the haircut new follicles do not appear. After the haircut, the hair appears thicker, because their weight is reduced, due to which the volume increases. Creating volume on long hair is always more difficult.
2. The brand of shampoo should be changed once a month, otherwise the hair will get used to it and this will affect their volume.
Fiction. Hair does not get used to shampoo. You just need to choose a head wash that is right for you. Satinique Volume Shampoo is able to increase hair volume up to 37%. The shampoo contains a patented complex of positively charged lipids, creatine and saturated fatty acid. These components penetrate the hair shaft, remove static electricity and restore damaged areas.
3. Frequent washing of the head leads to dry hair and hair loss.
Fiction. Frequent washing does not affect the health of the hair. They should be washed as they are contaminated with the type of shampoo that suits their type.
4. Stress leads to hair loss.
true. Physical and emotional stress adversely affect the rate of hair growth and can cause hair loss. However, this phenomenon has other reasons: an unbalanced diet, smoking, prolonged fasting, and pulling the hair into tight bunches and tails.
5. With the help of air conditioning can get rid of split ends.
Fiction. The conditioner can protect the hair from damage and make it shine, but it is impossible for it to repair split ends.
6. Hair dryer provokes hair loss.
Fiction. Hot air can dry out hair and cause it to become fragile; however, it has no effect on hair follicles.
7. Hair coloring contributes to their loss.
Fiction. The ingredients of many colors can affect badly the structure of the hair, but this does not affect the amount of hair.
8. You can not pull out gray hair, because of this they will be even more.
Fiction. If you pull out gray hair, the same gray hair will grow in its place. On the color of the rest of the hair it will not affect. However, pulling out hair is impractical - it can damage the hair follicles.