Green walnut jam is not only a delicious dessert, but also very healthy.
Have you ever tasted green walnut jam? If not, then hurry to feast on this beautiful dessert as soon as possible. For those who have already managed to appreciate the magnificent range of taste of jam, we offer six of the best recipes for cooking it at home.
The technology of cooking this dessert is very complex and unusual. But if you have time and patience, the result will exceed all your expectations.
Exotics from the fridge
Walnuts are considered the most common and popular in their family. It must be said that the majority of Russian citizens do not know that it is possible to eat unripe fruits. From green nuts of Greek origin, you can make jam, which will become not only a tasty decoration for your dinner, but a source of vitamins and important trace elements.
Immediately it should be noted that the technology of cooking this dessert is very complex and unusual. But if you have time and patience, the result will exceed all your expectations. Ready to learn all the secrets of green walnut jam recipes with skinned? Then let's go!
Green nuts of Greek origin can be used to make jam, which will become not only a tasty decoration for your dinner, but a source of vitamins and important trace elements.
About exotic delicacy in general
Previously, we have already revealed the secret that the process of making jam is very unusual. It is difficult to say what the creator of jam recipes was guided by, and how the idea of its preparation came to mind at all, but the result turned out to be amazing. So, we begin to comprehend the basics of using walnuts with general principles.
- Two kinds of jam can be made from the unripe fruit of the walnut tree - light and dark. In the latter case, the fruit is left untouched, and to obtain a light-colored consistency, the nuts must be peeled.
- For jam it is necessary to collect the fruits of a certain ripeness. Green nuts should be at such a stage of ripening that, piercing it with a toothpick, it should be immersed in the core.
- The taste gamut of dessert is completely dependent on the initial stage of preparation of the "raw materials". To obtain the desired effect, the fruit is soaked in plain or lime water, and sometimes in both formulations.
- It is equally important to choose the right dishes. An enamel container or a deep stainless steel bowl can serve as an ideal option. If you choose a pot of copper, the ions of this metal destroy ascorbic acid. Use aluminum containers immediately. The acidity of jam can disrupt the integrity of the oxide film, which contributes to the ingress of metal into the product.
- Lids and jars, which will later serve as a “storage system” for jam, should be washed with baking soda dissolved in water. The composition is easy to prepare: in one liter of water dissolve 1 tsp. soda and start processing containers.
An enamelled container or a deep stainless steel bowl can serve as an ideal option for preparation.
- Wear gloves when handling nuts. The fact is that in the process of making dessert, "raw materials" emit a large amount of iodine. The skin of the hands in contact with them is painted in an unpleasant dark color.
To date, there are two ways to prepare the basis for jam. Let's take a closer look at each of them.
Soaking in lime water
- Peel harvested nuts and soak the fruit in cold water. Leave them alone for 2 days.
- The fluid must be changed at least 3 times a day.
- After the specified time, drain the water and place the fruit in a lime mortar. For its preparation you will need 5 liters of cold water and half a kilogram of hydrated lime.
- Wait 4 hours. Then strain the resulting raw material for jam.
- Rinse the fruit under running water and chop each nut with a fork or needle.
- Soak the food again in cold water for 48 hours.
You can handle nuts in two ways: using lime and without it
Note! Do you know why nuts are subjected to such torment? The fact is that immature fruits have a very unpleasant bitter taste, which can later be transferred to jam.
Limeless fruit processing
- Cut the ends of each nut and pierce these places with a fork or a knitting needle.
- Stick a clove into the holes.
- Fill the nuts with cold water and leave them to soak for 10 days. Do not forget to update the fluid several times a day, otherwise all of the above actions will go down the drain.
- After the expiration date, soak the nuts in hot water. They should lie in the liquid for only 13 minutes.
- Again fill the raw material with cold water and leave them alone for a day.
- The next day, remove the immature nuts and let them dry well.
You boil down, my jam ... extraordinary !!!
A delicious and flavorful dessert of immature walnuts should go through three stages of preparation. First, the composition is brought to a boil over low heat and kept in this state for 5 minutes. Further, after complete cooling of the sweet mass, the procedure is repeated. But the jam even after the second boiling remains thick. Therefore, the resulting product is again cooled and brought to a boil.
To avoid loss of product quality, it should be stored in a dark, sunlight-free place.
Tip!Now we are going to consider 6 delicious recipes, but before starting the story about the technologies for creating this delicacy I would like to reveal to you one secret: whichever of the technologies presented below you choose, there is always an opportunity to move away from the templates. Taste gamut of delicacy from unripe nuts can be complemented by notes of orange, lemon, cinnamon, cardamom or vanilla. This will make the dessert even more tasty and healthy.
By the way, making jam is half the battle. It is equally important to preserve its properties. To avoid loss of product quality, it should be stored in a dark, sunlight-free place. Desserts, rolled up in banks, do not tolerate high temperatures, they are best kept in cool rooms.
Top 6 delicious recipes from around the world
Classic green walnut jam
For a delicious dessert you will need the following products:
- Green skinned unripe walnuts - 100 pcs .;
- Clove - 10-12 buds to taste;
- Cinnamon - 2 tsp;
- Cardamom - 5 pcs.
- Water - 8-9 glasses;
- Sugar - not less than 2 kg .;
Cook the sugar syrup. Pour the product into a container and fill it with water. At the time of boiling the syrup, lower the prepared nuts there. Put the ground spices into the cooking bag and put them in the pot during cooking. The mass should languish on the stove before the nuts are black gloss. Upon completion add vanilla to jam. Without waiting for the product to cool, pour it over the cans and roll them with boiled lids.
In winter, this delicacy will fill your body with missing vitamins.
Dessert made from green walnuts and lemon
To make jam using this technology, you need to prepare 100 pcs. nuts and a couple of pounds of sugar. Also prepare 2 cups of water and 1 ripe lemon.
First, pour the water into the pan and put the nuts in it. They should boil for 10-12 minutes. Next, strain the raw materials and discard the sieve. While everything is cooling down, prepare the syrup: mix 2 glasses of water and 2 kg of sugar. In the process of boiling do not forget to remove the foam. Then dip the nuts, cloves and lemon juice in the sugar composition. Reduce the power plate to a minimum and bring the mixture to a boil. Cool the composition. Repeat the procedure several times. Pour the jam into the jars and put in a dark place where the sun's rays do not penetrate.
Technology of making jam from walnut green nuts with the skin from mountain Armenia
Prepare 400 ml of boiled water, one hundred pieces of unripe nuts with peel, 1 kg of sugar, a dozen buds of cloves, 10 g. cinnamon and a couple of lemons.
Prepare the syrup and leave it alone for a few hours. In the cooled composition lower the nuts, dilute the syrup with lemon juice. Put the mass on the tile and bring to a boil. Future jam leave to cool for a day. Perform the above manipulations 2 more times. Pour the dessert over pasteurized jars, diluting it with the remaining syrup.
The product contains an incredible amount of vitamin C
Treats with cinnamon and vanilla
For a delicious delicacy, prepare 1 kg of raw material and half a kilo of sugar. Improving the taste contributes to the addition of cinnamon and vanilla.
First boil the syrup. Add in it vanilla and not ground cinnamon. Pour the nuts with slightly cooled syrup and leave the future jam alone for a day. The next day, remove the nuts from the syrup, put the pan on the stove and bring the syrup to a thick consistency. Put the dessert back to cool. Repeat the procedure on the third and fourth day. After the syrup has reached the required thickness, dip the nuts in it and bring to a boil. Let the jam sweat over low heat for 10 minutes. Pour the delicacy over the cans and roll them up.
Gentle delicacy from Bulgaria
Spread on the table the following products: 1 kg of sugar, 1 kg of green nuts, 1 cup of boiled water, 10 gr. citric acid.
If you eat dessert every day, you can more than provide your body with iodine
First you need to work with the last ingredient from the list. Prepare a solution of citric acid and pour the liquid into a bowl of nuts, which can then be put on fire, if necessary. Let the raw material be impregnated with citric acid solution for the next hour. This is done as follows: immerse the container with raw materials in boiling water for 4 minutes, then hold the nuts in cold water for 10 minutes. And so at least 7 times. At this time, you can cook sugar syrup. After carrying out the above manipulations, dip the nuts in the syrup and continue to boil the composition. Ten minutes before readiness add citric acid to the jam. Prepack dessert in cans and leave them in a dark place.
Before cooking, prepare the following ingredients: 1 kg of nuts, 1 lemon, a little cloves, 1.2 kg of sugar. Wash the fruits, pierce them with a fork or knitting needle, boil them for 20 minutes, cool them in cold water. Next, grab the preparation of the syrup, at the time of boiling sugar and water, add lemon juice and cloves to it. Next, pour the syrup into a bowl of nuts and bring the future jam to a boil. After 5 minutes of being on the tile, remove the container from the stove, leave it alone for 1 hour. Repeat the process 3 times. For the fourth time, finish the dessert until ready, packaged in cans and roll up the lids.
Jam eases the condition of patients with hypothyroidism, improves the condition of the liver, eliminates insomnia
Now you have learned how to make green walnut jam. It remains only to choose the appropriate technology, and you can safely proceed to the preparation of jam. By the way, perhaps this will be a discovery for you, but this dessert is very useful for the body. At the end of the article we will talk about when and why it is necessary to eat such jam.
The benefits and harm of delicacies
The product you have prepared contains a large number of useful biologically active components that can positively affect the general health of a person.
Speaking about the benefits of jam from green walnuts, it should be noted that the composition of the product contains an incredible amount of vitamin C. Also, scientists claim that there is vitamin B in walnuts, alkaloids, glycosides and resinous particles. If you eat dessert every day, you can more than provide your body with iodine.
On the miraculous properties of jam can talk endlessly. It eases the condition of patients with hypothyroidism, improves the condition of the liver, eliminates insomnia. It can serve as an additional source of vitamin C for sore throat and flu.
The product has a positive effect on the work of the nervous and cardiovascular systems. Active substances in its composition help to remove unnecessary "bad" cholesterol from the body.
Eating walnut jam improves brain activity. A person begins to memorize necessary information better and faster, becomes more attentive.
Male reproductive functions are enhanced if they begin to eat young walnut jam. By the way, long-term consumption of it in food helps reduce the risk of the formation of breast cancers in women.
Eating walnut jam helps to improve brain activity.
Jam can improve the condition of people suffering from diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. Patients with a gastric ulcer, gastritis or other serious illnesses are recommended to enjoy this dessert as often as possible.
Now you know that adding this product to the diet helps to improve the overall health of the person. But only high-quality dessert has a positive effect on the body. Cook it yourself and purchase only from reputable manufacturers. I must say that due to the presence of sugar in the composition of the jam is prohibited for diabetics and people who follow the figure.